Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to use Bluetooth 4.2 LE to connect my Spectre X360 to a wearable device with very small battery capacity.

Anyone already tried/succesfull using a specific version of the card?

I'm looking at this version of the card:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-8260-8260NGW-NGFF-WIFI-Network-Card-windows-7-8-...

But as in many cases it states not compliant with HP / IBM / Lenovo.

I know Lenovo uses very limited white lists in its BIOS, but I was not aware HP is doing the same?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@emmerx wrote:

I would like to use Bluetooth 4.2 LE to connect my Spectre X360 to a wearable device with very small battery capacity.

Anyone already tried/succesfull using a specific version of the card?

I'm looking at this version of the card:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-8260-8260NGW-NGFF-WIFI-Network-Card-windows-7-8-...

But as in many cases it states not compliant with HP / IBM / Lenovo.

I know Lenovo uses ver y limited white lists in its BIOS, but i was not aware HP is doing the same?

You have to use your Model Service Manual to find out what wifi works with your model.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
HP Recommended

Bluetooth 4.2 LE is what I'm looking for.

WLAN capabilities are less important; with 2x2 AC this should be sufficient.

The Service Manual states:

Description                Spare part number
For use only on HP Spectre x360 Convertible PC computer models:
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 802.11 ac 2×2 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter          793840-005
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 802.11 ac 2×2 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter          756751-005
Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7265AN 802.11 b/g/n 2×2 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter       793843-005
Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7265BN 802.11 b/g/n 2×2 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter       780308-005

Of course the newer AC 8260 is not mentioned in this manual.

Also I understand this combo card is not certified by HP for the Spectre X360.

But I recently noticed the latest Spectre Pro X360 has the AC-8260 installed:

HP Spectre Pro x360 G2 /UMA i7-6600U 8GB / 13.3 QHD UWVA BV Touch / 512GB TLC / W10p64 / 1yw / Paint kbd Backlit / Intel 8260 AC 2x2+BT / vPro

So I rephrase:

Was anyone succesfull in installing the Intel AC 8260 with Bluetooth 4.2 in the Spectre X360 (Skylake) using Windows10 64b ?

HP Recommended

Considering how new this laptop is my guess is the answer would be No to your question. This will be something you will have to do on your own and find out.  But remember your AC will be fast as your router but your ISP speed will still be the same. So AC speed has nothing to do with ISP internet speed if that is what your trying to increase.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
HP Recommended

"... internet speed if that is what your trying to increase."

Please read my posts more carefully !

I clearly stated I'm looking for Bluetooth 4.2 LE support

WLAN is not important to me, as I connect to a USB 3.0 docking station with wired 1 Gbps LAN for file transfers and backup...

PeerOneRobot.jpg

If people just would read a little better trying to understand another point of view and not just spam their footers, opinions nor knowledge ...

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 7 OS isn't Supported ------
Windows 7 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Go back' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 7 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Go back
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a HP USER community forum. Not for ROBOTS.
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from IBM Lenovo to HP
 -- something you don't hear about from Lenovo.

by Emmerx but maybe TRUE
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those that want to enjoy dinner should plan to do groceries and cook their meal. Eamples pasta or rice.

HP Recommended

I have a HP ZBook 15 G2, I felt that the (stock) Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 was basicly crap. As it would constantly disconect from my wifi nd wouldnt give me my full 60MB/s internet connection. 

After doing some research I fould a Intel 8260NGW Dual Band Wireless-AC NGFF 867Mbps WIFI Card For hp SPS:806722-001 from:

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/191852096593?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

After Installing the Intel 8260NGW Dual Band Wireless-AC on my laptop, I saw no boot errors and the device was working perfectly with my HP Zbook 15 G2, and the results were amazing. I got amazing conictivity and after tweaking the adapter config settings a littile I was able to achieve full 60 MB/s Internet connection. 

I would fully recomend an upgrade, espicially since the Intel 8260NGW outperforms the Intel 7260 in connectivity, roaming, internet speed and reliablity. 

Hope this helps. 

HP Recommended

I just purchased the Intel 8260NGW Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 and will post my finding with this card.

HP Spectre x360 - 13-4101dx

Upgrades

Hdd was 256mg, Upgraded to 500mb

WiFi was AC-7260, Upgrade AC-8260

Click link for original specs

Blacknight7128

HP Recommended

Hello guys.  Just a follow up to my post on 3-5-17.  I just received the  Intel Wireless-AC 8260 8260NGW NGFF Dual band WIFI Network Wlan Card in the mail today.  It is replacing the AC-7260 that was damaged by the previous owner of this laptop.  The laptop in question:

HP Spectre X360 13-4101

I7 5500

8GB ram

128 ssd upgraded to 512

and the last upgrade was the WiFi/Bluetooth card from Intel AC-7260 to AC-8260

First off this card worked strait out of the box.  Ordered from China off Ebay.  It took 16 days to get here but works great.  I have been using it since 15:30pm est today.  Thats when I installed it.

Results

Since I installed the card the improvemets to what im seeing have over doubled the speed over wifi and 2.4ghz band and im seeing as much as 177mbps on 5ghz bands.  This allows me to play League of legends on a full charge for almost 6hrs.  I stopped to post my results.

This Wifi/bluetooth card cost me 13.95 with free shipping  from China.  Well worth it.  Driver are available here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/86068/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-8260

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for posting this. I want to do the same upgrade but was concerned about the whitelist issue so great to know you didn't have any problems 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.