Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bs022ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I own a HP Notebook - 15-bs022ca with Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168.

I currently have 1gig up/down internet and this card is capped at 400 mbs.

I needed help figuring out which Wireless cards will work with my laptop as an upgrade.

The manual for my laptop states this series of laptops is equipped with the following models of Wifi Cards:

WLAN module Description

Spare part number

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 802.11AC 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.2 Combo Adapter (non-vPro)

901229-855

Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11 bgn 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.2 Combo Adapter

927230-855

Realtek RTL 8188EE 802.11 bgn 1x1 WiFi Adapter

927235-855

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.2 Combo Adapter

863934-855

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 9461 802.11 AC 1x1 WiFi + BT5 Combo Adapter (non-vPro) (MU-MIMO supported)

L25889-005

Would the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 (max 867 Mbps ) model be a direct replacement upgrade option for my laptop?

Everyone please tell me your opinions and suggestions. I need help figuring out if this will work.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

From the list presented, you would want the 7265, which has twice the throughput of the 3168.

It will be a direct swap.

The others are single band cards, except the 9461, which will not work in your model.

Not to mention that it is no better than the 3168 as far as throughput is concerned.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

From the list presented, you would want the 7265, which has twice the throughput of the 3168.

It will be a direct swap.

The others are single band cards, except the 9461, which will not work in your model.

Not to mention that it is no better than the 3168 as far as throughput is concerned.

HP Recommended

I replaced the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 with Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 NGWG from Amazon.

It worked perfectly fine and the upgrade is huge. The Intel AC3168 was averaging 200 mb/s on speed tests and the Intel AC 7265 is averaging 560 mbps.

Thanks for the help

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad the upgrade provided much better throughput.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.