Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Laptop 13-ad1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello,

My computer refuses to connect to the Internet through Wi-Fi. I've found out that the network driver in question, Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265, does not start. There are no available updates and I'm not sure what to try next to repair without causing any more issues.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Don't worry brother.

Better you check the driver updates via windows updates. Those updates are no issues at all. But when you download and install the drivers from hp then it definitely there is a issue.  Hp laptop quality and supports are not like those days ( I mean before 5 years backed HP laptop are best in the world). I'm using two HP laptop that's why l'm telling Now (after 2019 year end release) hp laptop are not best.

So many hp laptop models they don't have the drivers availablity in there official website page. (EX : 15s- du2031tx ). 

HP Recommended

I've checked the Windows Updates, and while there were some things to upload nothing changed about the issue at hand. I'm thinking I could try and uninstall it and download it again if that's possible?

HP Recommended

Don't unistall and reinstall, because so many times drivers are getting stuck or crashed. If you have any upgrade version then you can do that  otherwise if it's same then don't do like that. (It's up to you). 

Better you run the folliwing command in CMD with administrator rights. Type following one and hit enter. Wait until 100% comes.

" sfc /scannow "

Or did you check the hardware parts are seated correctly in your motherboard (i mean any loose connection). Double check is always good.

Very recently did you upgrade any ram in ram slot or any m.2 or ssd upgrade. If yes then just remove the battery and press the power button for just 8 seconds and connect the battery. First you have to change time and date in bios. Then check the time and date in windows are same in the bios ine. 

Finally If it's possible just reset your windows operating system.

Is your lan port is working or not?.

HP Recommended

Ran the CMD with the suggested command and it told me that "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations". And I haven't made any hardware updates, since it's a laptop and all.

I have a LAN port through an adapter, so I can connect to the Internet that way. Nothing built-in thought.

HP Recommended

Wait until windows 10 monthly update tomorrow (tuesday update). After that check the wifi is working or not. 

Troubleshoot network through windows troubleshooter (settings - update and security then select troubleshoot).

Check whether you install correct wifi driver series for your wifi card.

Check whether your wifi router settings are correct (if possible reset your wifi router device).

Remove any saved wifi internet password in your pc and again connect the wifi.

Final step - do the fresh windows installation. Before do the windows fresh installation wipe your ssd or hdd by any wiping software and do the installation. 

HP Recommended

@HaggisHaglund, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I suggest you create a new user account using the steps mentioned here, once done, install the latest version of the WLAN drivers by clicking here,

And check if the issue is resolved, if not, try the below steps:

The best way to resolve the issue is by using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

CLICK HERE FOR STEP BY STEP GUIDE

(simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

or  can install drivers from Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.