Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre Notebook 1DL99EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Im posting this here because it has taken me over a week to find a solution to this problem with has driven me beserk.  I couldn't find any info on any forum, so I thought I would post the info here in case its of use to anyone else.

I have an HP Spectre running WIndows 10. It has a Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 wifi card running teh latest drive v  20.70.0.5

It was continually having wireless connectivity issues. Although the wireless didn't disconnect I experienced up to 100% packet loss. During my troubleshooting I noticed these two events continually appearing in the Windows System Event Log:

Event 5007, Netwtw06

5007 - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)

Event 10400, NDIS

The network interface "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260" has begun resetting.  There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 5 time(s) since it was last initialized.

Other devices on the wireless network were functioning perfectly, including notably several HP Elite Books with the newer 8265 card. 

After some time trying to diagnose the fault I contacted HP support, who actually responded very quickly. Their advice was a clean install of the network card driver. When that failed it was then recommended to reinstall the laptop, which in this case was easy for me as it didn't have any critical files on it. However, neither solution worked.  I even tried rolling back the driver to every version between 19 and 20. Still nothing.

I then spoke with Ruckus technical support. They also were very quick to answer. They were aware of a known issue with these specific network cards, and gave me something to try - which ultimately worked!

The problem affects Intel Intel Dual Band  Wireless-AC 8260  connecting to 5Ghz  802.11ac networks with Channelization set to 80Mhz. Changing the channelization setting  from 80Mhz to Auto on the AccessPoint resolved this issue.

Hope this info is useful.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The setting of Auto channelization seemed to work ok for a little while, but  teh problem started returning. Much less problematic than before. I manually set 5Ghz Channelization to 40Mhz and now it seems stable. Intel 8260 must have an issue with 80Mhz channels. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.