Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 13-aq0
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I recently got my new Envy 13-aq0, and from day 1, after waking up from sleep, the network and Bluetooth adapters fail to restart (Code 10). At first, I tried disabling and enabling it, uninstalling the drivers, reinstalling them, restarting etc. but the only thing that seems to fix the issue is either to reset the BIOS security settings to default or flash the BIOS anew. The version of the BIOS is the latest one available (24 September 2019) F.08 Rev.A. This has happened three times already in a week.

I'm hoping we can find a way to solve the issue.

Best

Timothee

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@timotheegath Welcome to HP Community!

Here are a few things you could do to resolve this issue once and for all:

1. Left click or tap on the “Start” button.
  2. In the Start window you need to write the following: “services.msc” without the quotes.
  3. When the search is finished, left click or tap on the “services.msc” icon that pops up.
  4. Now you have a “Services” window in front of the screen.
  5. Look on the right side panel in this window for “WLAN Autoconfig”
  6. Right click or hold tap on the “WLAN Autoconfig” feature.
  7. Left click or tap on the “Properties” feature for the “WLAN Autoconfig” option.
  8. Left click or tap on the “General” tab situated in the upper side of the “Properties” window.
  9. On the right from the “Startup type”, you will need to left click on the drop-down menu and select “Automatic” feature.
  10. Left click or tap on the “Start” button in this window.
  11. Left click or tap on the “Apply” button.
  12. Left click or tap on the “OK” button.
  13. Close all the windows you opened so far and reboot your device.
  14. Check to see if you have your wireless up and running again.

Also, run SFC command

1. Press and hold the “Windows” button and the “X” button.
  2. Left click or tap on the “Command Prompt (admin)” icon from the menu.
  3. In the command prompt window, you will need to write the following: “sfc /scannow” without the quotes.
  4. Press the “Enter” button on the keyboard.
  5. Let the system file checker finish the process.
  6. After it finished close the “Command Prompt” window.
  7. Reboot your Windows system.
  8. Check to see if you still have this issue.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle_Decipher

Thank you so much for your reply. For the services, I will keep it in mind if/when the issue comes up again, for now, the service is up and running and rightly configured. I am running the system scan and again, will get back to you if the issue comes up again. 

Thank you

Timothee

HP Recommended

@timotheegath That's awesome, I'm glad it sorted for now, 

Remember, if you ever need help related to your HP device,

We'll be right here and happy to help, take care and have an awesome day, ahead.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi again, 

The issue was not resolved as I was waiting to see whether the issue would come back. Today, after the PC woke up from sleep, the network card failed to start again and needed a bios reflash. I tried your proposed solutions but the scan didn't detect any corruption and the service is running normally. But when trying to run a UEFI component diagnostic, even if the network card is not currently having any issue, the network test directly returns an error 'UEFI networking does not appear to be supported or enabled on the system'. Any other clue what this could be ? 

HP Recommended

@timotheegath If the BIOS recovery isn't helping either, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.