Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cs2073cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been locked in Code 10 hell all day with the wireless adapter on my 10 month old Pavilion laptop. 

After updating to Windows 10 1909, my wireless adapter stopped working. It did not even register in the tool tray.

So here's all I've tried so far, not including the 30 or so times that I've run the automatic troubleshooter, all with no success:
1) Reboot and Hard reboot (didn't restore it)

2) Uninstall and reinstall the driver from the control panel. (didn't restore it)

3) Update the driver from Intel (didn't restore it)

4) restored the BIOS to factory default (didn't restore it)

5) Rolled back the windows installation to the previous version (didn't restore it)

6) Reinstalled the Windows update (didn't restore it)

7) Went through and tried all of the recommended command prompt tricks to reset the adapter (didn't restore it)

😎 Cracked the case, pulled the battery and rebooted (didn't restore it)

Now I'm at a loss. Each time, I get the same Code 10 error message, that the Intel Wireless AC-9560 adapter is suffered either a software or hardware error.
If it didn't have a four-year warranty, it would have already gone through a window.
I'm at the end of this rope. Help please???

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@LarryV2 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the wireless adapter is not working.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

To resolve this issue, download and install the following SoftPaq to update the WLAN driver:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp101501-102000/sp101536.exe

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.