Azz4536
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Intermittent Internet Connection Issues

HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 13-ay0008na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Basically every so often the connection to the internet grinds to a snail pace or disappears entirely when using the laptop from my room.

To be clear my connection to the router is great as I have near full signal strength. Also I have a PC in my room and use my phone there and had a previous laptop which all have had no problems maintaining a connection to the internet.

I just ran a speedtest of my connection using the laptop and it took forever to load because the connection went again but when it came back I ran it and here are the results:

PING 11 ms
DOWNLOAD 131.25 Mbps
UPLOAD 21.08 Mbps

I have tried running the network trouble-shooter, rolling back the network driver and reinstalling the latest amongst others things but this hasn't helped.

One thing though is that if I bring the laptop to the kitchen where the router is it connects using the 5gHz signal instead of the 2.4gHz due to being closer and then it has no problems maintaining the connection to the internet. 

Any suggestions or should I just get the laptop replaced as it is still under warranty?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation