Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre Folio
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've had the HP Folio for about a month now and I've had two internet issues, though I don't know if either is intrinsically linked to the computer.  The first is that my computer will disconnect from the internet until I troubleshoot, and without doing anything other than the automated troublshooting the issue will resolve. If memory serves it mentions something about a gateway, but I haven't noticed the issue today so maybe I'm misremembering the specifics. The point is I have to troubleshoot almost every day.

The second issue is slow internet. I use a wireless router and I do not have fast internet speeds, but I've experienced way more instances of my page timing out than seems reasonable. Even before coming to this forum the first two internet speed option tests I Googled wouldn't work. The Ookla speedtest specifies a latency issue.

The computer came with a trial version of McAfee which I haven't changed any settings. I purchased Malwarebytes Premium although i haven't tweaked the basic settings at all.

I'm not sure what other basic programs I might have that could cause an interference or if there is some conflict with the computer and my wireless router that I didn't experience from my previous laptop. Other programs I have that I guess could be noteworthy are LastPass, Honey, the generl automated information saving stuff for Chrome, and that's about it for anything that might cause interference (at least that I can think of).

Any help figuring out what is causing these issues would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi  

I would remove the McAfee trial and use something like    BITDEFENDER       

Your default Gateway would be the IP address on the Router, typically

192.168.0.1  or  192.168.1.1

Can you give the SKU: of the device please?

HP Recommended

It is a CenturyLink router, model number PK5001Z. It's an 802.11n wireless router.

HP Recommended

Hi

https://www.centurylink.com/home/help/internet/modems-and-routers/zyxel-pk5001z.html

Security

• Administrator Password: Prevents outsiders from accessing the modems firmware settings. After creating a username and password, you will need to enter them every time you access the modem firmware GUI located at http://192.168.0.1.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.