Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-31-2021 05:48 PM
My laptop freezes during Zoom; drops the internet connection during Zoom. It doesn't matter where I am. I have lost connection from my home and thought that it was my home connection except that my office computer didn't experience that issue. I've taken this laptop to the office for personal zooms and experienced the same issue. I've experienced the same issue at hotels. The issue is the laptop. I've searched this site and seen the same question over and over but no solution. I need this laptop to work. What's the fix?
06-03-2021 07:51 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
- When was the last time it worked fine?
- Have you tried with different Internet Browsers such as Microsft Edge, IE or Chrome?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (Refer to the removable and sealed battery)
BIOS default:(do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
06-03-2021 02:15 PM
as to your questions ... i don't recall it ever really working fine. i purchased the laptop in december 2019. we started the stay at home mandate in march 2020. That's when i started zooming for work and board and committee meetings. my work computer was fine for work zoom. my HP computer for my board and committee and family zooms immediately was having problems.
i've only tried Chrome; haven't tried microsoft edge or IE.
changes -- i don't recall....
06-04-2021 01:25 PM
Thank you for posting back.
We are here for you, I would suggest trying with a different browser and clearing cookies might make difference.
- Close all open windows and programs.
- Open Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internet options.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, select Reset.
- In the box, Are you sure you want to reset all Internet Explorer settings?, select Reset.
Keep me posted for further assistance.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community