Tab2002 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Internet and Browser Issues (speed and connectvity) on BRAND NEW HP ELITEBOOK 1030 G1

HP EliteBook 1030 G1 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased a new HP Elitebook 1030 G1 with Windows Pro 10 (64) and I have been experiencing extremely slow internet connections, browsers taking forever to open, etc.

I tried using Chrome, Brave and Internet Explorer. Gmail takes forever to open, getting to Google.com takes a long time to get to and the connections are so slow that sending 2 gmail based emails took me 30 minutes. 

I just received this computer yesterday and my 6 year old Sony Vaio is faster. In fact, it is so slow that I am using my old laptop to post this.

Examples of slowness:

1. internet browsers taking 30 seconds to 1 minute to open to home pages

2, Youtube videos stopping, delaying and not playing or playing with major pixelation

3. Gmail emails taking 14-45 seconds to send out after clicking on send

4. Messages stating that I am not connected to the internet, then internet connecting even though old laptop and phone are connecting with no issues.

If this problem is unresolved, I will return this computer for a full refund. A brand new computer should not be slower than older laptops, phones and devices.

Please help.

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation