Heron1106
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Internet connection

HP Recommended
E0L01UA
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My laptop is about 8 years old. Updates have been kept up with, but when I moved and set up a new wifi, it refused to connect. Other devices have been synching with the wifi just fine, I'm not sure as to why mine isn't. 

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,781 93,438 12,277 26,108
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Heron1106 

Your machine is an HP ENVY m6-k010dx Sleekbook, its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c03774486

It only has 1x1 802.11b/g/n WLAN adapter which supports 2.4GHz networks (8 yrs old, upgrading is another story). Please allow your router to broadcast dual bands, your machine will see 2.4GHz network SID and you can connect from there.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
10,084 9,822 813 3,944
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Heron1106 

Please, watch this video and follow the steps >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElOGaG6f4jc

If you still cannot make it to connect, please provide more details, pictures/videos of what exactly is happening there.

Thank you!

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps <<
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - volunteer since 2013
Chapters:00:00 Introduction00:12 Step 1: Verify Wi-Fi is enabled00:57 Step 2: Troubleshoot wireless connection01:10 Open Troubleshoot problems01:26 Step 3: U...
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation