Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
8470w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Elitebook 8470w is using Window 10 64bit Pro. I click Connect on right bottom but have no device found. Does 8470w supported Miracast ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You asked a very good question.  There are specific requirements for wireless display capability.

Unfortunately, your notebook cannot project the display wirelessly.

The processor is compatible, and the wireless card is compatible, but the graphics adapter is not.

Here are the Intel wireless display requirements...

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/emerging-technologies/000014932.html

There is nothing that I know of that you can do to make the notebook Miracast (Wireless Display) capable.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

That would depend on the model wireless card, processor, and graphics adapter the notebook has.

HP Recommended

This is my book info :

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU Intel Core i5 3360M @ 2.80GHz 55 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology

RAM
4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 658MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
Hewlett-Packard 179B (U3E1) 52 °C

Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1600x900@64Hz)
ATI AMD Radeon HD 7500M/7600M Series (HP)

Storage
111GB Apacer AS340 120GB (SSD) 22 °C
931GB StoreJet Transcend USB Device (SSD) 22 °C
465GB NORELSYS 106X USB Device (SSD) 22 °C

Optical Drives
TEAC DW-224S-V

Audio
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

And network info : 

You are connected to the internet
Connected through Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000
Adapter Type IEEE 802.11 wireless
NetBIOS over TCP/IP Enabled via DHCP
NETBIOS Node Type Hybrid node

So can you say me about my book ? Does it support Miracast ? 

If not. Can I change somethings?

Sorry for my amateur question.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi:

You asked a very good question.  There are specific requirements for wireless display capability.

Unfortunately, your notebook cannot project the display wirelessly.

The processor is compatible, and the wireless card is compatible, but the graphics adapter is not.

Here are the Intel wireless display requirements...

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/emerging-technologies/000014932.html

There is nothing that I know of that you can do to make the notebook Miracast (Wireless Display) capable.

HP Recommended

That's mean I must change onboard Graphic Card to support Mirracast ? It look like dangerous solution.

So, have a extra hardware to help my book support Mirracast ?

Thank you so much for support.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

As I posted yesterday, there is no way that I know of to make your mobile workstation to be able to support Miracast.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.