Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
compaq cq58
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got this email and phoned up have I done the right thing I wonder as they tried to sell me various solutions. I hope they havent planted something nasty on my pc.

HP Support Forums

Join the conversation!

Hello felixx1,

You've received a private message in the HP Support Forum.

Be alert for fraudulent messages
Be alert for scammers who may be posing as HP support representatives. Only call numbers from people who have a label next to their screen name. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on the blue "Report Inappropriate Content" button above the message in the Private Message portion of the Community. Thank you!

Subject: HP Helpdesk
Note:

Dear Customer,

We really appreciate for your concern regarding your HP Product. But its hard to provide you the appropriate solution for this issue in community. In order to get easy and hassle free HP Technical support for you peripherals. Kindly call 

Thanks & Regards
HP Helpdesk

Please do not reply to this email - your correspondence will be lost forever!

To reply to this message, please log in the community.

Thank you for your participation in the HP Support Forum.
We're glad you're here.

The HP Support Forum Team

Learn more about our HP Support Forums | View Site

HP.com

Privacy

Unsubscribe

Update Settings

© Copyright 2017 HP Development Company, L.P.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That is a scam. As you can see the user who send you the message has already been banned by HP forum moderators.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

That is a scam. As you can see the user who send you the message has already been banned by HP forum moderators.

HP Recommended

I jjust receved the same email. I thought HP was supposed to safeguard my email.

HP Recommended

Same scam here too, except from user Help-Tech10 

I assume it's the same person signing up for new usernames every time he gets banned. 

Don't call the #, if you do call, don't download anything they ask you to, and don' t give them any money!

HP Recommended

I called the number thinking it was HP and gave the technician access to my laptop through some online software.  After he did some looking at my software and asking some questions, he started making suggestions about things I needed.  He said I had some malware that he could fix, my windows software and other applications were corrupt and he could help.  I then asked if he worked for HP and he said no, he worked for Advanced Call Center Technologies, LLC (I think this was the name).  I then thanked him and disconnected his access to my laptop.  Could he have put software on my computer without my knowing?  What should I do?

HP Recommended

Received the same scam from Aron_Technician:

HP Helpdesk From: Aron_Technican Sent: ‎02-21-2018 07:34 AM

Dear Customer,

We really appreciate for your concern regarding your HP Product. But its hard to provide you the appropriate solution for this issue in community. In order to get easy and hassle free HP Technical support for you peripherals. Kindly call

Thanks & Regards
HP Helpdesk

HP Recommended

Scam...   I just got the same email... the user is
Arthur-Tech

HP Recommended
I did too from Arthur-Tech!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.