Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ever since I updated my Windown 10, I can't wirelessly link my Envy 5530 over my home network

Prior installing a Windows 10 update in Oct 19 everything worked fine - i could wirelessly print / scan etc. Since the update my laptop cannot 'find' my printer.

- The printer is connected to my home network (I can print via iphone/ ipad wirelessly)

- My laptop is connected to my home netwok

I've tried installing the latest updated for Windows 10 - no solution.

I've tried uninstalling the printer driver and reinatalling but this process fails as it cannot 'find the printer.

I've tried running HP printer / scan doctor but as the laptop can't 'find' the printer I've have no joy.

Help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SteveW71

Since the connectivity is fine, let us try this step that may help:

Install the printer using Windows built-in driver

Refer to this document to know how. Try printing.

Keep me posted.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

As an update, I've just installed the latest Windows 10 update (version 1909) and checked for any BIOS updates for my HP laptop (none available). When I again tried and install the Envy 5530 printer driver, the laptop can 'see' the printer on the network and I can select it for installation, but at the end of "installing network printer" process it comes back with "unsuccessful network installation - the printer was unable to be installed over the network"' .

The issues all stem from when I updated Windows 10 back in October (I was already on Windown 10, it is just a routine update). Anyone encountered this issue and if so how did they solve it?

HP Recommended

@SteveW71, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Restart the network devices

1. Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices.
  2. Wait for 60 seconds.
  3. Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
  4. Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
  5. Turn on the computer/ mobile devices.

Check the connectivity between the printer and the PC

• Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.
  • This printer supports only 2.4GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.
  1. Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
  2. Type the IP address at the top of your web browser(Google chrome) to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  3. If you get any security notification, click on show details/advanced and 'proceed to this website'.
  4. Check if you are able to print a test page by going to tools.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kuymar

I followed your instruction and was able to print a test page from the printer EWS page so both the laptop and prtiner are connected to the network.

HOWEVER I still cannot:

- install the HP Envy 5530 driver onto my laptop for wireless printing

- print wirlelessly from the laptop to the printer using programmes such as word (the printer is shown as 'offline').

I can only ever print if I connect via a USB.

Previously I was able to access the printer wirelessly from my laptop for printing. This was up until a few months ago when Windows 10 was updated and the HP laptop requested a BIOS update (which I did).

My printer has not changed. My router has not changed. My ISP has not changed.

The only thing that has changed is the update to my windows 10 / update to the HP laptop BIOS.

I can still print wirelessly from my iphone or ipad to the printer over my network so the issue is not the wirless / network connection. It seems to be something that has happened in my HP laptop when the windows update and HP BIOS was installed / updated in around October.

Help!

HP Recommended

@SteveW71

Since the connectivity is fine, let us try this step that may help:

Install the printer using Windows built-in driver

Refer to this document to know how. Try printing.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar0307

Sorry for the delay in replying but I've been away for the festive break.

I followed your instructions and I can now print wirelessly so thank you very much for your help.

Will the solution you provided also allow me to scan wirelessly (as I used to be able to do) or will I only have basic printing options?

Thanks

Steve

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.