Did you mean: 
Heyduu
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Issues with video properties

HP Recommended
HP LAPTOP 14S-DK0087AU

Hey everyone, I’m not sure if I’ll be able to explain it correctly but here goes; I’ll also explain the order of which how I do things incase there’s any issues there - take note this has only started happening in the last 3-4 months, I haven’t changed any settings or tinkered with anything. 

So I use a Panasonic handy-cam to record videos, which are automatically saved to an SD card within the cam. I then take the SD card out to insert it into the laptop, which I then make copies of video files onto the said laptop. The video properties are always accurate and transferred with the video file itself. 

however, part of my work is to then upload these video files on my works website. This feature is safe and we have never had any issues arise apart from right now. 

when my work accesses the video files and attempt to place a time stamp over the video, it shows the timestamp as the day it was transferred from SD card to laptop (which can sometimes be a day or two later) NOT the time stamp of when the video was actually filmed. 

im unsure if it’s a problem with the laptop, camera, SD card....I’m hoping someone may have experienced something similar or may be able to shed some light on this before I start replacing all my gear.. 

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,828 93,485 12,286 26,121
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Heyduu 

Please turn ON Date Created column, you should see timestamp

created.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Heyduu
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Banhien Thankyou for your response! 

I can see the video properties on my end, no issues on my laptop at all. The problem occurs when I upload the video file to my works website. When the recipient opens the video file and checks the time stamp/properties it is coming up as the time and day the video was sent and not the original time and date the footage was taken. 

I have tested by sending the same footage with my work colleagues laptop and he did not have any issues. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation