Devyadav666
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It shows error code 629.

15-ay077nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Once i forgot my password. After that i installed a new windows.now it is neither shows wifi connection nor it gets connected by ethernet cable. It shows error code 629 that is the connection was closed by the remote computer. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,433 12,412 819 813
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It shows error code 629.

@Devyadav666

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

May I know how did you reinstall Windows?

Do you have other devices that are connected to your Network?

Meantime perform a power drain on the Modem and try connecting through Ethernet again

Does the Notebook detect other Networks?

Keep me posted

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Devyadav666
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It shows error code 629.

Windows was installed by disc image. Even i format the partition. After that i tried to connect it by Ethernet cable but it show me the above said code....i didn't try again after 2 hour trying. It doesn't shows wifi connectivity.

Even Bluetooth also not get connected. Once i tried to recover Windows from my hard disk image also. But the problem stayed with it.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,433 12,412 819 813
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It shows error code 629.

@Devyadav666

This sounds like a driver issue since the problem started after you reinstalled Windows.

I suggest you use the System Recovery Media to restore the Notebook back to original factory settings and that should work

If you do not have the Recovery Media, please contact HP Support to order one

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation