cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Laptop Disconnecting from WiFi

HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-1222wm

I have an HP Pavilion 15-1222wm laptop, I apologize in advance if that is the wrong device name. Recently, my laptop has been frequently disconnecting from my WiFi. It is always at random times. I have searched the internet and tried every solution offered, but the problem still continues. It appears that this is an ongoing issue with many HP users. Could someone please assist?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
122,015 112,195 18,000 27,470
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The parts list for your notebook indicates that it comes with a Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11bg/n 1x1 WiFi adapter.

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=N5Y13UA

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to update the driver to the latest version HP has for it.

v2024.0.4.208     

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp104001-104500/sp104413.exe

If that doesn't help any, I suggest you purchase a Nano-size USB dual band wifi adapter.

Those hardly stick out of the USB port, and will provide a dual band wifi option, which your notebook does not have currently.

Something like this...

https://www.amazon.com/Cudy-650Mbps-Adapter-Wireless-Desktop/dp/B07RN44SHW/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywo...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have been following this topic for a few days now, as I had a similar problem. It seems to have been solved now, however. I uninstalled the Realtek adapter - but didn't delete it - and re-started the computer. The problem seems to have gone away (fingers crossed).

I'm frankly staggered to see that fitting a third-party dongle is regarded as satisfactory. There are quite a few similar posts here at present, so HP should be looking for a proper fix, otherwise my advive would be to get a new computer from another manufacturer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is my experience with my last HP laptop:

- Model: 14-bk003la

1. Since the 1st day so far the WIFI network had a poor perfomance , It  do not reach more than 30mb x sec (other laptops connected at same network reach even triple of speed). But the WORST thing is that this HP laptop gets disconnected VERY frequently!  I resigned myself buying a USB WIFI but this also keep disconnecting so I suppose that HP has a design problem in their motherboards.

2. When this laptop had 6 months the second har disk  (not ssd) died and got completely unrecoverable. I lost all my work.

3. After 1 year of usage  the battery lasts no more than 2 minutes.

If there is any solution to at least solve the disconnecting wifi issue I would be a little bit more happy.

Regards,

Marcelo

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation