cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
redskull02
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

[Laptop] Internet connection keeps disconnecting

HP Recommended

It's been a while i bought this laptop, Initially there was no problem but suddenly there was no wifi symbol in my taskbar. I searched for the solution and it was to download wifi driver online with the help of ethernet-rj45. I tried to search in hp-official site but there was no driver for windows-7-32bit. I tried more than 100 drivers from other sites, i also installed numerous driver updater but NO, nothing was helpful because as soon as I installed a new wifi-driver, the next time I turned on the computer the driver would be gone leaving only 3 Network drivers (2 blue-tooth and 1 ethernet) IDs: BTH\MS_BTHPAN [bluetooth] BTH\MS_RFCOMM [bluetooth] PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_22CF103C&REV_07 [ethernet] and the WIFI symbol would also be gone leaving me to do nothing but search for the driver again and install it. When I installed the driver these two (2nd one works fine) would turn up the symbol and let me use wifi: 1. microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter {5d624f94-8850-40c3-a3fa-a4fd2080baf3}\vwifimp 2. Qualcomm atheros qca9565 802.11b/g/n wifi adapter PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_217F103C&REV_01 PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_217F103C PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_028000 PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_0280 for the 2nd one there was a similar problem asked in this help-desk where the customer found the driver nowhere and he was given a link to install another driver which worked for him but not for me, i guess due to my different laptop... So, I would be really glad to have my problem solved, I would like my having the wifi symbol 24/7, not having it disappear with its drivers every morning i turn my PC on. I approached many help desks but none was replied , i guess this one will also not get replied, if it gets please please please please help me ...

5 REPLIES 5
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 21,825 1,963 2,168
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@redskull02

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• What is the exact model for your computer?
  • What is the operating system you are using?
  • What is the exact issue you are facing?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer? 

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
redskull02
Author
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank You so much for the reply. I hope my issue gets solved..

Below are the answers to the question you asked. I will answer them in the best way possible, hope it helps.. and thanks again...

What is the exact model for your computer?

: I am not good with computers, for model of computer (laptop) looking behind the pc (back side) along with serial no. There is a model written as:

model 14-g003AURev.22CF-100

and also when i hit my serial key in driver identifier of official hp site, (serial no : CND425CLLP) it gave me the name of computer as: HP 14g-003au Notebook PC.h

What is the operating system you are using?

I am using windows 7 professional (32-bit)

What is the exact issue you are facing?

I dont have a wireless driver in my pc. When I reboot or turn off and on my PC, the driver i previously installed (qualcomm atheros QCA956 802.11b/g/n Wifi adapter)  just vanishes and i wont have the wifi icon on my pc. So after most reboots it will be gone but sometime it doesnt go... When i put it to sleep it doesnt delete the driver... And also sometimes when i turn off as well it will still be ther but more than 80% of the time it vanishes... I have to use ethernet cable with RG 45 to use internet.. 

Initially when i told my query i was told to change osm. I did so.. when i reinstalled new os win7 professional from win7ultimate.. there were many drivers missing which i updated from offical hp store where for my pc only 64 bit drivers were given but also i installed ethernet drivers and other display drivers... I couldnot install wifi driver from there so i installed drover installer software -driver easy which helped me install the qualacuum driver mentioned above... But it just vanishes as soon as i reboot my pc and not only this i have installed so many drivers which lets me use wifi for short time but once i turn off pc the next time i turn it on it will be gone..

I guess i am not getting a right driver ... Help me 

Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?.

Hardware meaning like hard disk and all .. no.. but as i said i installed a new os.. 

I guess it helps..

I am dying to get my problem solved ..

Thanks for your concern..

Stay safe..

The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@redskull02

Thank you for the information.

As per the specifications of your computer you either have a Realtek wireless card or a Broadcom wireless card. I recommend you check in the device manager for the correct wireless card and then download and install the driver from the below link.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-14-g000-notebook-pc-series/6545560/model/7169592

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

redskull02
Author
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mr. Fossette 

Nope. 

That is what i did the first time i encountered my problem. 

There was no wlan driver shown in my pc when this happened.  I couldnot find any unupdated or updated wlan driver mentioned. 

The link u gave just sent me to a page where it said no driver found for this device, choose a different os.... 

There is no drivers for 32 bit windows 7 for my model. 

So after seeing that i installed drivers of 64 bit win 7 where the wlan drivers didn't get installed... 

If you still can help me..  Please help... 

😖

The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@redskull02

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and run a test on the wireless card,

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation