Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am facing a very strange issue. Laptop typically works fine when unmoved. But with a bit of movement, the wifi adapter turns to limited connectivity. When I try to disable and enable the adapter from device manager(when it is in limited connectivity), the laptop freezes but again starts working when I shake the laptop a bit. This shaking makes the wifi adapter device turn to hidden item in Device manager and I have to restart the laptop with power button. Been facing this problem from 3-4 months but now it is really boggling my mind.

I have even reinstalled the windows, updated all the drivers. It passed the hardware test also. The problem only arises when it moves. This does not happen when connected through LAN. So, typically, it's related to Wifi adapter.

Wifi adapter: broadcom bcm43142 802.11bgn

Windows: Initially laptop came with Win 8. Never faced this prob with it. Upgraded to Win 10, started facing wifi related issues. HP on-call support helped that solved the prob but that helped only for sometime. So, downgraded the laptop back to Win 8.1. But the problem still persists.

Please help..... Thanks in advance!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @savvyaqua

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Appreciate you trying the steps to resolve the issue but this looks like a hardware problem. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.