Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-dw0037wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just got a new laptop end of July for my birthday and I haven't been able to use it because within minutes of trying, it kills my internet. I've tried everything like updating drivers, turning off the proxy, turning off firewall, etc. When I troubleshoot it gives me a error message of, "The remote device or resource won't accept the connection" but it will let me use google chrome for a few minutes and then the internet crashes and everything that works normally on wifi prior to me using my laptop crashes as well. The wifi goes out completely and then once I turn wifi off on the laptop, within 15 minutes, the wifi is fine again. The wifi only has problems the minute I try and use my laptop.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Good afternoon !!!! There is only one way - it always helps !!!!
Reinstall from Windows DVD and immediately install Kaspersky Anti-Virus

After you connect to the Internet and first of all update the antivirus, after you update Windows - you will be happy.

You got a laptop with an infection in your hands or you connected a USB flash drive or an infect phone to it - that's why I strongly recommend installing Windows strictly from the DVD media and also installing Kaspersky Anti-Virus from the DVD media - as this is the only safe option - write Windows and Anti-Virus on a known Good Computer which is Virus-free !!!

Good luck !!!!

HP Recommended

Hi

Return it and get a refund?

HP Recommended

If you have any kind of guarantee?

The question is when did they buy there is a sticker of Windows? - If not, then you did not buy Windows - it means you have a pirated one - and you can remove Windows yourself and then install and crack it. If you have a sticker on your laptop Windows icon - you can safely reinstall and officially activate yourself !!!

I have such a sticker on my laptop I bought in Germany Asus Zenbuk 305fa cost me 1000 euros. I specifically bought with a license - I installed Windows about 500 times in 2 years due to VIRUSES. Also installed Linux for study - when Linux bothered me - installed Windows again and so on about 500 times and every time I went through activation without problems !!!! and I am pleased that I immediately bought a Licensed laptop - it is very unfortunate that the Office is not included in the Windows license.

If you know how to install Windows - I advise you not to torment the store, but reinstall it yourself - If you don’t know how to do this for your laptop in YouTube there are many videos on your topic !!!

I Studied This at Special School - 1 year
Now I myself can teach this, but I do not want to - I need to learn this individually with a specific hardware - so that the Student understands what to put and why.

Reinstall Windows such an advice and immediately deliver an antivirus and you will be happy - Where I live in such empty spaces - shops do not torment - here people themselves correct errors - I think that Vsezhe did you launch the Virus or it came locally from your network - At the same time, you have there was no antivirus - Here is the answer !!!

Just take reinstall and that's it !!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.