Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 14-dq1055cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This laptop loses wifi connection when not being actively used.  Have tried all suggested fixes but if I am not actively using the laptop, the wifi disconnects.  I cannot activate the wifi even if I disable the Realtec wifi adapter and re-enable it.  I have to reboot the computer to get wifi back.  Have turned off the option to let windows turn the adapter off and updated to the latest driver (and all other drivers including bios).  Laptop has not always had this issue so I am thinking some windows upate caused it.  Am thinking I could try buying a usb wifi adapter but don't think I should have to and don't know if that will fix it.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you don't have version 2024.0.10.226, you don't have the latest driver version installed.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp140001-140500/sp140207.exe 

The one on your notebook's support page is 2024.0.10.222

A dual band USB Wi-Fi adapter would most likely resolve the problem.

The Realtek Wi-Fi cards have always been a problem and I have no idea why HP insists on using them.

HP Recommended

Thanks--I'll try that.  I wonder why HP didn't show me the lastest version ??

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP doesn't always supply the most updated Wi-Fi drivers for their HP consumer class notebooks.

I got that driver from the HP 450 G8 business class notebook which can use the same model Wi-Fi card.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.