Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I had that switched off at first because my keyboard and mouse would cut in and out every 10min or so with it on. 

I just discovered that in the Device Manager>Network Adapters I also have a dual band wireless adapter that houses my bluetooth chip. The power management settings for this were also set to allow the computer to turn the device off to save power so I switched that feature off as well

I'll give it a run for the day and report back

Thanks for your feedback, I think think between the two of us we might be able to solve the internet's biggest unanswered question.

HP Recommended

still cuts out on me...  

HP Recommended

Hello IvyBear

I did some testing and the problem continues to manifest itself. I've noticed that after the funcion key "fails" (example: volume up function key is pressed and does not function) the keyboard "freezes" until we type 15 characters. As soon as the 15th key is pressed, the keyboard typeahead buffer is then "read" by Windows 10 and the 15 characters long text appears on the screen.

Tomorrow I'll try this keyboard back on my Sony Vaio notebook, where I do not recall having faced this problem and see which Bluetooth hardware is there.

Regards

MH

HP Recommended

right. I just tested this out and it is 15 key presses. I've tried 15 presses rapidly and the keyboard unfreezes, and 15 presses with with a few seconds inbetween, same. It unlocks after the 15th. I wonder what the significance of 15 is...

HP Recommended

I've updated the Bluetooth drivers using the Intel Driver Update Utility but the problem persists. I've tested using a IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro Adapter but the problem also occurs. It seems the problem is originated at the keyboard itself. I'll try to test the keyboard tomorrow with a Sony Vaio notebook running the same Windows 10 version I have on the HP notebook to see what happens.

MH

HP Recommended

Tested the MS Design keyboard on a VAIO Model SVP13217PBB with Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 Network Adapter (WiFI & Bluetooth combo) and the problem persists. The only workaround when the problem happens is to disable and re-enable the Bluetooth radio.

Very annoying problem 

HP Recommended

I was reading on the MS user forums that a more recent Windows 10 update broke the keyboard. Hopefully this will be addressed soon. This is highly annoying 

HP Recommended

Hey there, I'm not sure if you still have this keyboard, if you stuck with it (like I did) I think MS may have fixed the issue in an upcoming update:

I signed up with the Windows Insider Program yesterday which updated my Windows Home to "Windows 10 Home Insider Preview Evaluation copy Build 17025.rs_prelease.171020-1626" and I've gone the entire morning so far without issue (I'm going on 6 hours now). Typically, after a reboot or re-pairing my keyboard the media buttons would work for a time but would quit mainly after a few minutes of inactivity from the keyboard, but again, after windows installed the preview build, no issues so far.

I've been away from the computer for an hour at most, and off and on throughout the morning, when the computer has gone to sleep and I've woke it up the keys are still working

HP Recommended

Hello

I still have the MS Keyboard but I'm not on the W10 Insiders Program. I guess i"ll need to wait until this update gets rolled out into official W10 updates.

Thanks for the update!

Mauricio

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.