Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I recently bought the HP Envy x360 15-ey0xxx (something along those lines) which came with the MediaTek Wi-Fi 6E MT7922 (RZ616) 160MHz PCIe Adapter.  The wifi has been inconsistent and there were often lag spikes, both during some games where the ping would skyrocket to 200+ ms and where the download speed would crawl to below 1 MB/s. I know my router only supports Wi-Fi 5, so I have changed the driver to 802.11ac and even 802.11n, but the problem persists. I then tried downloading the latest drivers from the ASUS ROG forum, but it still didn't help. I've also tried flushing the DNS, but that didn't help either. I don't believe it's a problem with my router, as the Wi-Fi works well on other devices.

I've been considering replacing the WIFI module with an Intel one or downgrading to Windows 10.

Anyone who has any experience with this Wifi card please help, or at least give some advice. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

yes, this is a consistent issue in MT7922 WIFI cards. Same issue on Asus ROG Strix lineup as well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.