Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
M3Z51EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi having real issues with the internet need answers now please, this is driving me nuts.

laptop:

M3Z51EA#ABU

Issues

Microsoft ISATAP adapter,  and ISATAP Adapter # 2

says their both installed but not connected!

searched till blue in face. How the hell do I enable them along with the mini ports?

Fed up.

taScreenshot (1).png

cherle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Evie1234,

As I understand you have performed a system recovery using the recovery media shipped from HP and still having the issue. I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support so that we can setup a service and have your computer checked. 

Please contact them and I'm sure they should be able to help you with this concern.

If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Evie1234,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with the network drivers not working on your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Do you have any issues connecting your PC to the internet?

Have you tried to perform a system restore?

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

1. If Windows is open, click Start and then Shutdown.

If Windows is not open and the computer has power, press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer shuts off.

2. With the power off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.

3. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.

4. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.

If the issue happened recently, I would suggest here is to perform a system restore to a previous date where it was all working fine, for more details, please click here: HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎

If the issue still persists, I would suggest here is to uninstall the network drivers from device manager: 

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> Network adapters>then select the wireless drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the Wifi drivers one by one.

Once done, Then restart the computer and check if you are able to go online.

Then update the Bios, Chipset and wireless card drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Here's a related HP Forum post which seems to have helped others: Click here

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi jeet_singh

Thank you for your response.

My answer to your questions are as follows:

update NO

No changes made

issues with internet yes

tried system resore plus payed £33 for media cd's still not able to get the two in question.

Just uninstalled drivers and reinstalled. Couldn't  uninstall RAS Async adapter or any of the mini ports.

Reinstalled evrything as suggested, chipset failed have attach screen shot for you to view.

Screenshot (2).pngScreenshot (3).png 

Many thanks

Cherle

HP Recommended

Hi @Evie1234,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you are having issues while connecting to the internet. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

I would like to know did you pay #33 for the recovery media or for the retail copy of Windows.

If you have paid this for the retail copy, then I would suggest you contact our HP phone support to order a set of recovery media for your PC.

If you have paid for the recovery media and still having the issue. I would suggest then next step would be to contact our HP phone support for available service related options.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Jeet-singh,

Yes I paid £33 for recovery media, so will contact HP.

Thank you for your time.

Cherle

HP Recommended

Hi @Evie1234,

As I understand you have performed a system recovery using the recovery media shipped from HP and still having the issue. I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support so that we can setup a service and have your computer checked. 

Please contact them and I'm sure they should be able to help you with this concern.

If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Jeet_singh

I tried emailing abest2serve fter filling in the form as you suggested, had no response. I refuse  to pay another 33 to get a rep to call me with support. I have had big issues with this laptop since I purchased it back in 2015. Reading through google searches I'm not the only one that can't enable the above. It's like some massive secret none wants anyone to know. Everyone denies knowledge of it

Comp running crap, so guess I will have to put up with it, but not happy.

Really feeling unloved at the moment as noone gives a dam.

Feel like slinging the laptop out the window......................

Best regards

cherle

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.