Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g7
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently downgraded my Pavilion g7 Notebook PC from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 because it was much slower than I wanted and crashed constantly. I used the Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 ISO file to change it. However, after the downgrade, there was a driver problem. My first thought was to connect to the internet. So, I went to the taskbar and, as expected, there was no wifi. However, not only was I not synchronized with any networks, but apparently, no networks were available. I was right next to the wifi access point, but it couldn't find it. I clicked on trouble shoot, and it stated that the Network driver was missing or corrupted. It had a link that went straight to Internet Explorer. However, because there was no wifi, it didn't display anything. Now, I don't know what to do. I have a Motorola G Stylus 5G, an iPhone 6 Plus, and a broken Pavilion g7. What should I do now? I can't download the INF file from my computer, downloading it on either of my phones would not help, and the trouble shooting doesn't have useful advice. How can I fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Download the wifi driver you need from your notebook's support page with another PC.

Copy the driver to a USB flash drive.

Plug the flash drive into your HP stream and run the driver from there.

If you don't have another Windows PC, you will need to find a friend or relative that has one.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Download the wifi driver you need from your notebook's support page with another PC.

Copy the driver to a USB flash drive.

Plug the flash drive into your HP stream and run the driver from there.

If you don't have another Windows PC, you will need to find a friend or relative that has one.

HP Recommended

Thank you! I didn't think of that. I have another PC that is an HP 15" i3. I is currently in repair due to a local disk flash. Once it works, I will download the missing network drivers, copy them onto an SDHC card, and install the drivers on the Pavilion g7. Thank you for the advice.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.