Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I own an hp spectre x360 (Model 13-4102dx). Recently I upgraded my ssd hard drive, and migrated the OS successfully. I don't seem to have network compatibility though. The laptop doesn't recognize any wifi networks. This brought me to the assumption that I need to uninstall the driver I had (intel(r) - I don't remember the exact number). And instead, I downloaded the following driver - sp99225. The component tests from the BIOS run successfully as well (wireless).

I would be glad to get more help, maybe I downloaded the wrong driver? I didnt find in HP's website the exact driver that suites my model, but rather download a one that was specified for other 13'' models.. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the problem could be.

All you did was install a different SSD and cloned the old drive's configuration to it.

That should have had no effect on the Wi-Fi card not working.

Other than clean installing W10 on the new SSD and see if that makes any difference, I don't have any other ideas for you to try.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

The parts list for your notebook indicates that it comes with an Intel 7265 AC wifi adapter.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to download and install the latest Wifi driver for that model adapter directly from Intel.

The 2nd file down on the left side of the page is for 64 bit.

Windows® 10 and Windows 11* Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters

It should install driver version 19.51.38.2.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, it didn't work (and also tried to download the 32bit version) - on both cases, I get the message '' software could not be installed on your system '' 😞

HP Recommended

Interesting.

Try this HP driver instead...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp114001-114500/sp114211.exe

Or this older version...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96501-97000/sp96951.exe 

HP Recommended

The first one installed the driver, but didn't solve the issue (can't see any wireless networks). I ran a symptom test and it said 'check that uefi rom is enabled'. Do you happen to know where and how can I do this? (I already enabled network adapter boot in BIOS) 

HP Recommended

Hi:

Go to the system information app in the windows administrative tools section or just search 'system information.

If UEFI is enabled, you will see a setting like my screenshot.  BIOS Mode = UEFI.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1642188585211.png

if it indicates Legacy, then you will need to reinstall W10 in EFI mode by booting your W10 installer from the EFI boot source.

HP Recommended

I have 'BIOS Mode: UEFI'..

Maybe my boot order matters here? Currently it's :

>OS boot manager

USB CD/DVD ROM drive

USB network adapter

Diskette Keyboard... 

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the problem could be.

All you did was install a different SSD and cloned the old drive's configuration to it.

That should have had no effect on the Wi-Fi card not working.

Other than clean installing W10 on the new SSD and see if that makes any difference, I don't have any other ideas for you to try.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.