Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Elitebook 820 G3 core i5 6th generation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have Hp elitebook 820 G3. I'm trying to install Mobile broadband driver from hp Official website by mentioning laptop model number for a week but not instaliing. Whenever i try to install this driver after start installing there show nothing. Wwan card is also install on my pc. Give solution please. I wanna to activate sim card

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Go into the BIOS and see if there is a mobile broadband adapter listed there and if so, make sure it is enabled.

If one is not listed there, then your notebook did not come with the optional WWAN adapter, and without that, you cannot use the SIM card.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please post the model of the WWAN card your notebook has.

If you don't know what it is, go to the device manager, and if there are any devices listed with a little ! mark next to it, please post the hardware ID for the device, so I can figure out what driver it needs.

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID for a device.

How to Find Drivers for Unknown Devices in the Device Manager (howtogeek.com)

HP Recommended

Here is model number of WWAN Card that is installed in my pc.  SWC\HPHKS&SRVCS

And here is screenshot of installed wwan card.

3539.png

HP Recommended

Hi:

The device you pointed to is not your notebook's WWAN card.

Your device manager does not show any mobile broadband card listed.

What shows up under the Modems device manager category?

Could that be where the WWAN adapter is listed?

As far as I am aware, the 820 G3 does not come with a RJ-11 modem for faxing, etc.

HP Recommended

No, under modems there not show wwan card. Here is screenshot. 

16095170471166916802593623993226.jpg

 Now please tell me about solution 

HP Recommended

Go into the BIOS and see if there is a mobile broadband adapter listed there and if so, make sure it is enabled.

If one is not listed there, then your notebook did not come with the optional WWAN adapter, and without that, you cannot use the SIM card.

HP Recommended

How to get into BIOS

HP Recommended

To access the BIOS, turn on the PC, tap the ESC key to get the menu options.

Select the F10 setup option and press the enter key.

Look around the various menus to see if you can find a WWAN adapter listed there.

It should be in the same place as the wifi adapter.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.