02-21-2020 09:18 PM
I cant turn my hp pavilion touchscreen off seems to be frozen what do I do
02-24-2020 05:43 PM
@Kazz1 Greetings from the HP Community!
I have a few steps that should help your cause:
Let's perform a power reset as per HP standards:
Ensure your device is OFF.
Unplug all the external devices (If any).
Disconnect the power from the computer
Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds.
Connect the power supply
Press the power button to turn on your device.
And then follow the below steps to Disable Fast Startup:
Note: The steps to follow may be a bit different depending on your OS version, but you can quickly locate the ‘Turn on Fast Startup’ option in Control Panel.
- Move the mouse cursor over the upper right side of the screen in order to open the Charms bar menu.
- Left click or tap on the search feature presented there.
- Type in the search box the following text “power” without the quotes.
- Left click or tap on the “Settings” feature presented after the power search.
- Left click or tap on the “Change what the power buttons do” feature presented in the left side of the window.
- Now you should have in front of you the “System Settings” window.
- You will have to go all the way to the end of the list presented in the right side of the “System Settings” window.
- Find the feature “Turn on fast startup (recommended)” and uncheck the box next to it in order to disable this feature.
Note: If this option is not available and you cannot check or uncheck the box next to it then you will have to go in that list all the way to the top and left click on the “Change settings that are currently unavailable” link in order to activate this feature.
- Reboot the Windows 8.1 or the Windows 10 operating system.
- Try shutting down your device and see if it reacts differently. If you still have issues with the shutdown feature after this then do the next method posted below.
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us,
have a good day, ahead.
I am an HP Employee