Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-DI0000TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop's network driver is Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n. I read that this adapter cannot connect to 5G networks. If so, is there a way I can change the driver software to support a/ac. Also, my laptop connects to my router's 2.4GHz network. However it frequently alternates between connected, with internet and connected, no internet. Is there a way to resolve this issue as well?

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n can only connect to the 2.4 GHz wifi band.

In order to connect to the 5.0 GHz wifi band you would have to physically replace the current card with the Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported)  HP part # L17365-005.

For your current connection issue, the only suggestion I can offer would be to update the wifi driver to the latest version if you have not done so already.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp104001-104500/sp104142.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.