Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 netbook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My laptops wifi trouble shooter says I don't have a valid IP configuration! I've trawled the Internet and tried so many things but nothing seems to work! I've tried HP support assistant but whenever I try to click on any of the tabs: Internet, messages etc the programme quits!

I've tried using an Ethernet cable to no avail, resetting winsock etc. I can't seem to delete the wifi adapter. When running CMD it Shows I have no default gateway.

Someone please help 😭 I need my computer ASAP!
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
I'm currently in China so have been using VPNs could this be a cause?
HP Recommended

hello,  

I had the same problem . I tried to download the driver from HP but it's doesn't work. 

I decided to reinstall the driver directly from Intel. You can find it here: 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25683/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10

Now everthing is working fine.

Hope that help,

HP Recommended

@Ellagg wrote:
I'm currently in China so have been using VPNs could this be a cause?

Then check with your VPN provider.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
HP Recommended

This problem is ussualy comes having no connection to the internet or a misconfigured network. It can also unresponsive DNS server or a firewall Google Chrome. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN It should help u.

HP Recommended

Open command prompt and start entering commands one by one:

• ipconfig /release
  • ipconfig /all
  • ipconfig /flushdns
  • ipconfig /renew
  • netsh int ip set dns
  • netsh winsock reset

If this didn't help you out then refer to more solutions from below site 

dns_probe_finished_no_internet windows

HP Recommended

Hello, many users have this error, but you can easy fix it try one of these methods:
1. Flush DNS
2. Restart DNS 
3. Configure DNS server adresses
4. Reset hosts file

I will share really easy tutorial how to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.