Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 Convertible 13-ag0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

Hoping I can get assistance for a persistent Wifi issue. The Wifi will connect for about 10 minutes or less sometimes, then the signal drops suddenly, followed by total loss of a connection. What I notice is when I click on the wifi button on the taskbar, it won't show any available connections (to my router, or any other available signals) and  it takes a couple minutes before anything appears.

I've had this laptop for only a week now and this has been an issue since day 1 despite my attempts to fix.

This is not my home router causing the problem as this problem does not affect other devices on the network, and the problem is consistent on other networks as well.

My attempts to resolve have included in this order:

- Simply turning my Wifi on and off

- Troubleshooting problems through my internet access taskbar button - which either says there may be an issue with the driver, or it "fixes" the problem as administrator (only temporarily helps)

- Updating the driver

-  unchecking the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in Device Manager settings (a recommended solution for someone else on this forum with the same issue)

- Rolling-back the driver

- Running the HP Network Check - this method says it detected an issue and automatically resolved it. However the problem keeps coming back. It says there may be a problem with the driver for the network adapter. Windows did not automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter.

Network adapter:  Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265

Any suggestions would be appreciated. If you require other specs for my computer or more details on the issue, I'm happy to provide.

Thanks in advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

One other thing that often helps. Adjust settings in your Power Plan. Right click the battery icon, choose Power Options. In the window that opens click "Change power settings". In the next window click "change advanced settings". Under "Wireless Adapter settings" set it to high performance on both battery and power.

You mentioned updating driver for wireless. Did you get it from your Support page or using Update driver in Device Manager? There are fairly new drivers posted on your Support page:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-13-ag0000-x360-convertible-pc/20270313

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

One other thing that often helps. Adjust settings in your Power Plan. Right click the battery icon, choose Power Options. In the window that opens click "Change power settings". In the next window click "change advanced settings". Under "Wireless Adapter settings" set it to high performance on both battery and power.

You mentioned updating driver for wireless. Did you get it from your Support page or using Update driver in Device Manager? There are fairly new drivers posted on your Support page:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-13-ag0000-x360-convertible-pc/20270313

HP Recommended

There are 4  network drivers only addressing bluetooth and LAN. Which one would fix the wireless connection issue? Are there other system drivers/firmware updates that should be updated to fix the issue? If so, which specific ones? 

HP Recommended

I have the same laptop model which was  purchased several weeks ago.  I am having the same issue. I have tried HP Assistant, on-line diagnostics and other steps to try to resolve the issue. The wireless adapter continually needs to be reset to connect. Is there a possible hardware issue with this laptop model?

HP Recommended

Wireless LAN is the driver. I see a Realtek and an Intel Wireless LAN driver. Only download the one that matches your hardware. HP used both Realtek and Intel in  various models in this series. Check Device Manager to see which one you have. 

There is also a BIOS update that may help. Download and Save it. When download completes close all open apps/browsers and double click it to run. Be sure the power cord is plugged in.

HP Recommended

Hey CherylG -

I wanted to give it a day to make sure it did indeed work - but your suggestion of adjusting the settings in the Power Plan has worked for me!

Thank you for your help - it's all running smoothly now without issue.

HP Recommended

@kd1234

Happy to hear it is working well now! Those settings are what I always change on a new laptop and have good results.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.