cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Solved!

Network Adapter

HP Recommended
broadcom 802.11n network adapter
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

are there any updates for broadcom 802.11n network adapter because my last update is from 2015 if yes can u give me a link

hp doesn;t detect my laptop so i must get a link sorry

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
123,200 113,381 18,259 27,876
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The last Broadcom wifi drivers released for W7 were from 2015, so you have the latest one available.

If you let me know the product number of your notebook, I will post the link to the Broadcom driver listed on the support page.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

well this adapter i have gives me very bad signal while my brother from 10 metres from router gets full signal my product number is -17-y054sa (energy star) but i have pirated windows so that why it 7 normally it should been 10

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

This would be the latest W7 wifi driver for the Broadcom wifi card your notebook has...

6.223.215.21   Sep 17, 2015

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72879.exe

Why don't you just install a legal version of W10 that your notebook came with by making bootable installation media using the media creation tool at the link below...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

The W10 product key is in the BIOS, so you don't even need it or need to know what it is to install W10.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks i will see if it works and let u know bout it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

can't install windows 10 bcs am a kid which doesnt know how and i can;t afford a w10 key and i rather stick with my windows 7 tbh ..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

tysm dang i have full signal now and i get 72mbs when before i got 5mbs xD 

ty man 😄

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You don't need to buy a W10 product key.

The key is in your notebook's BIOS, so if you ever want to install W10, you can do it for free.

Run the free utility that I zipped up and attached below, and it will show you the W10 product key and the version of W10 the key is good for.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i rather keep windows 7 sorry if i want 10 i will get back on this subject on this message

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation