Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
[Personal Information Removed]
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My ethernet adapter does not start. I look at the event at device manager under properties of my adapter

and it says the following:

Device PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_80C6103C&REV_07\4&1387710&0&00E4 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem11.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: rt640x64
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x15
Problem Status: 0x0

Please help me resolve this problem.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if updating the ethernet driver to the latest version on the Realtek website resolves the problem.

Download, unzip and run the setup application from the W10 driver at the link below...

RTL8169SC(L) Software - REALTEK

HP Recommended

I have updated it few days ago to the latest version and after 2 days i am having this problem.

HP Recommended

Your only other option would be to try reinstalling W10 and see if that resolves the problem.

If not, most likely the ethernet adapter chip has a hardware issue.

Since it cannot be repaired, you can buy a USB to RJ-45 ethernet adapter if you need to use wired networking.

HP Recommended

Ok I will try doing that but if it doesn't work and I have to buy an usb to ethernet adapter the one that you suggest is it good or are there any better one that you would like to recommend.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.