Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
450G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We are a small Community College trying to get some life out of some older laptops.  HP 450G2 with Intel AC-3160 wireless NIC.  We imaged the drives with Windows 10 Education.  I('ve literally imaged hundreds of computers with this image.) 

Boot the laptop.  The OS represents that the wifi is turned off.  Click the wifi button, SSIDs of available networks show up, three seconds later wifi turns off.

I've installed the last two bios, the most recent two wifi drivers.  All Windows updates are applied.

I've looked at the power settings for the card and the laptop.  There are no Intel or HP support applications installed.  "Uninstalled" the card and re-installed it.

The one interesting thing I found was that if I booted into safe mode the wireless card functions normally.

Help?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello

is it HP Probook 450 G2 ?

if yes, download and run HP Image Assitant :

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HPIA.html

it will analyze your system and you can easily update all drivers.

this is the first step to try to solve the issue.

bye

HP Recommended

Thanks, but that didn't get very far.

"HPIA does not support Windows 10 version 1909 for this platform."

HP Recommended

Hello

you are right , for thta platform HP certified drivers up to 1903.

How did you find the drivers for 1909 ? just using Windows Update or what else ?

With HP Image Assistant you can download all drivers for 1903 from HP site. most of the driver for 1903 and 1909 are exactly the same.

or you cna just try to go on driver page and try to download only the drivers for network card.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-450-g2-notebook-pc/6943826/model/6943832

There are 3 different LAN drivers,: Broadcom, Qualcomm and Realtek. download the one matching you computer configuration.

bye

bye

HP Recommended

I got the HP drivers and bios from the HP site after entering the serial number for the laptop.

I also tried using the Windows update provided drivers.

Doesn't seem to be a driver issue as the wireless functions as it should when booted into safe mode?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello

if I were I would try this:

1.  in Device Manager ,
    1. select the WLAN card ,
    2. then select unistall Device  and Remove also the driver,
    3. then do an HArdware scan,
    4. repeat the actions until you get the WLAN card without driver. at this point reinstall latest driver
  2. Reinstall Windows 10 from scratch , install WLAN driver , without install all other drivers at this point
    1. if WLAN works , install one drivers at the time and test WLAN before install  next driver

Bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.