Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have an HP Notebook Pavillion g6. I set up the HP Envy 5055 yesterday and ever since then, I lost my wifi connection to the laptop. The network name is set up in the laptop, but the name no longer appears in the available list to connect.

I've rebooted, unplugged the router multiple times and went through all the options with others on this site (reconnected to the wireless network, the CMD options, Device Manager - Network adapters, etc.) with no success.

I currently have 3 other devices connected with no issues, just with the laptop.

Could someone please assist?

Thanks very much.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@San271

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Are you able to go online with the Ethernet?

If Yes, I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Next ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Also follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06282875

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi KrazyToad,

Thanks for looking into my issue. My HP Support Assistant did not have any new updates and Windows is regularly updated.  I'm currently going through the options in https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06282875 which is pretty extensive.  So far Steps 1 & 2 have met with no success.  I'll keep you updated.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Keep us posted how it goes

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi KrazyToad,

In Step 3: Manually Change Network Settings, the TCP Global Settings should be disabled except for Receive-Side Scaling State. How do I disable the ones that are showing as Enabled?  I have 5 settings that are showing this.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Could you post a picture of the option you see 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi - Screenshot below.  Thanks

San271_0-1601416618638.png

HP Recommended

Thanks for keeping me posted.

I suggest you perform a System Restore to an earlier time before this issue started

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't suppose there's a way to retrieve the restore point date initially chosen after receiving the error message below?  I've also gone through the "Undo a system restore" to try to start over.

Or is it advisable to go through the steps for "Restore your computer when Windows cannot start normally" instead at this point.

Thanks

San271_0-1601576844525.png

HP Recommended

If you are unable to restore to a particular date or time then go for the next step "Restore your computer when Windows cannot start normally" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.