Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 15-bw007ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Today, I could connect to the Internet but, for some reason, I started having problems (it was slower). I realised I couldn't see any networks, but I was connected to the Internet. While trying to check out this problem, I accidentally disabled and deleted what I think it was the network adapter in the "device manager". When I first entered the BIOS, there wasn't any exclamation marks beside "network adapter", but I found it after changing to setup defaults.

I tried downloading the drivers from HP website but it didn't work. Of course, Ethernet is working. I couldn't restore the last system recovery point, when I think it didn't have this issue, but the computer was stuck for hours. Is there any way I can solve this issue? Thank you.

Product name: hp 15-bw007ns

If there's any information I can provide, please just tell me.

Update:

I tried to recover from another recovery point, but it got stuck while recovering the registry and I turned off the computer. I had to do a startup repair, waited for more than an hour and the system came back to the recovery point, partially. I recovered the network adaptor that I disabled and my WI-FI connection is working now, although there weren't any changes in the registry (which was no problem at all).

I had issues while trying to access to Mozilla and Chrome, but I could fixed it. That puts me back to the previous problem: I don't see any networks. Here's a screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/hZlOtHR

What's even more surprising: I tried to change the system language to avoid translating the UI, but Windows told me I'm not connected to the Internet and I couldn't download the language package. Of course, I ran HP Network Check and it says I'm connected to the Internet (I guess this is the point when I should call a parapsychologist).

I'm wondering when this issue started. I don't remember the last time I checked the networks available. I think the problem may have started when I tried to access to the Internet through my virtual machine with XP OS, but I'm not sure.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DanielMedina,

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the wireless connection.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:

1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.

2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.

3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.

4. Restart your PC and test.

It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:

1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.

2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.

3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.

4. Restart your PC and test.

Reinstall the network adapter drivers:

1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.

2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.

3. Expand Network adapters.

4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.

5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.

6. Restart your PC and test.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear The_Fossette,

I apologize for not answering earlier, I didn't check my e-mail account properly and didn't see your reply. Thank you very much for your work. The problem was solved yesterday by updating Windows 10, but I remembered I tried doing the second and third solutions because I found them somewhere. I'm not sure if I tried the first one. One way or another, updating Windows 10 to its last version can also help anyone who has a similar problem.

Best regards,

Daniel

HP Recommended

@DanielMedina
Thank you for posting back. 

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.
Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.