Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Laptop Model 15cw-1500sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had this problem for a little over a week with my laptop. My network adapters issue out a code 45 and i've tried the following methods to try to fix it with no avail:

Repairing PC registry - with no corrupted files found

Running a DISM scan

Uninstalling one of the wireless drivers

Running the troubleshooter but it detected nothing

Scanning for hardware changes did nothing

Multiple scans in the BIOS, more about that below

I have the latest windows 10 update but since i don't have access to the internet on the laptop i cant update my drivers or anything like that. I cannot pickup any networks and plugging an Ethernet cable in doesn't give me access to the internet either, i also ran an extensive system check and my wireless systems passed the test but the wired adapters failed it. I've also tried nearly every Youtube fix but none of them work. This is an integrated NIC and prior to it not working , it was working fine until i turned off my laptop for an hour or so to come back to no internet connection and no option to login using the pin, i had to use my password to login (i'm not sure if that's important i'm just throwing it out there). The only thing i haven't tried is doing a hard reset on the laptop to delete everything and start over but i can't do that since i have important information and applications which are not backed up and have no way to back them up at the moment.

The only odd thing that has happened prior to this was my volume being very quiet even on max sound settings and my microphone not working.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Yxss595 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting Network adapters code 45 error.

To resolve this issue, download and install the Realtek driver:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp95501-96000/sp95797.exe

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thank you for the welcome,

installing the adapter had no effect and nothing seems to be working i have no clue how to fix this

HP Recommended

@Yxss595

I understand your concerns. 

In that case, I would suggets you perform the Wireless Module Test and check.

1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.

2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.

3. Look for the component test, under that all the hardware will be listed, please choose Wireless Module Test and initiate the quick test.

Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that.

Please let us know the result.

Have a  nice day!!

HP Recommended

Hello,

I've done the test before and did it again, it passes the test but fails the wired network check (without a provided 24 digit code)

I was thinking about getting a USB wireless adapter as a temporary fix but i can't install the driver of the adapter since it requires either an internet connection or a disk drive, neither of which i have and i can't install the driver elsewhere since i only have one laptop. If these fixes don't work, are there any USB wireless adapters which do not require driver installation or are supported by windows? If so please let me know.

So far i think it's a hardware problem (since no fix has worked so far) but i have no way of checking.

HP Recommended

@Yxss595

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone supports and check for the support option. They will help you.

Or you can contact the local service center for repair.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thanks, i will be contacting the phone support soon and in terms of repair options, I still have the warranty and so will i be charged for a repair?

With thanks

HP Recommended

@Yxss595

If the product under warranty, there is no charge for the support.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.