Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP firefly 14 g8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

SCCM imagin is fine with hp 849 till G6. Recently we bought HP firefly 14 g8  and we facing issue with reimaging .I can see option to select network boot  but non of the option proceeding further. Let me know any of you have solution for this issue

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Some suggested disabling thunderbold option from bios will work.. But still i am not able to boot from network.

HP Recommended

Hello

Filrefly G8 is  99% like a 840 G8. they don't have an integrated LAN.

if you need to boot via  network, I guess you mean PXE boot, you need an HP USB-C-to-RJ45 dongle or an HP USB-C Dock G5 , or Universal DOck G2 or a Thunderbolt DockG2.

what device type/model are you using to boot from network ?

bye

HP Recommended

Usb c to lan connector.  We have Hp zook G5 . With lan connector we are able to reimage. Hp elitebook g3,g5and g6 all are working fine with sccm. Here with lan connector not picking the IP. And also legacy boot option is not available in firefly g8. Seems to be this is the issue in firefly G8. 

HP Recommended

Hello

all Elitebook and Zbook from G7 has  only UEFI BIOS. Legacy is gone away.

I guess your are using installing in UEFI even with the other older notebooks, isn't it ?

for sure you must have a SCCM environmet able to support UEFI.

if you have an UEFI environment and the dongle is an HP USB-C-to-RJ45 , check the version written on the label. Version B has some firmware issue and HP released a firmware update.

bye 

HP Recommended

Legacy mode need to be enabled then only network boot will work till g6 and zbook G5.

Version b I will check and update the status.

HP Recommended

Hello

there is no way to enable Legacy mode

bye

HP Recommended

I am not saying I need legacy boot option to correct network boot issue. I just updated the difference between in BIOS 840 g6 and firefly 14g8.  My question is how can we fix this firefly 14g8 network booting issue? If you have same model can you just and update the status..

HP Recommended

Finally created a usb bootable strick and created a ghost image .. And usb bootable stick and ghost app imaged laptop. still issue is not fixed searching for a solution.

HP Recommended

Hello

just to recap:

using Zbook Firefly G8 and HP USB-C-to-RJ45 dongle, you are not able to reimage your Zbook.

at which point does it stop to work ?

as example

do you see PXE boot label on the screen

does the unit get an IP address and start to download boot.wim file ?

does boot.wim file starts and then SCCM Task sequence try to reconnect to server ?

did you try to enter in BIOS setting and check if it get an IP address before to boot Windows  ?

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.