Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 15-e056sr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

My Husband Wi-fi module Ralink RT 3290 had died, and unfortunately it's unavailable for purchase. Could anyone help me, which module would be compatible?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I can't find any specs on your model.

Does it have an Intel core processor or AMD processor.

Please let me know the model of the processor.

It makes a difference regarding the model wifi card you can install.

HP Recommended

The processor is i5-3230M

HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook should have two antenna wires connected to the Ralink wifi card.

You may as well upgrade to this model wifi adapter....

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

You should be able to find the card in used but tested and working condition on eBay.

Some sellers in China sell them new.

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03939658

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.