Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 cw-0xxx; 3JE82AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I have been having this networking issue for a while now and never addressed it until now because it's really slamming my productivity. My laptop will randomly disconnect from wifi about 30 times a day. I have read all over about the issue and I understand it's an issue with my network adapter.

The only way I have fixed it is by opening up device manager > network adapters and uninstalling the network adapter, then clicking "Action" and "Scan for hardware changes". I then have to reconnect to the network and usually that will get me going on the internet from 30 seconds to an hour or two. 

I tried installing a new adapter and that didn't work. I am EXTREMELY frustrated with this issue and at one point literally wanted to throw my laptop on the ground as hard as I could lol

When I created this account to ask this question, it did it again and that time it wouldn't even let me reconnect to the network despite putting the right password in. 

It simply said "cannot connect to the network". 

I would GREATLY appreciate any help on this issue. Thank you so much 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ERICBR13

Welcome to HP support community.

Have you noticed if the network connection fails when the notebook is switched to battery power (Disconnecting the adapter)?

(If yes, Click here to troubleshoot the same)

If the issue persists or occurs at random moments, I recommend you Update the BIOS & the chipset drivers using the HP website:
Click here to download

using an ethernet connection (if available)

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey sorry for the late reply. I tried this and it did not really help. I appreciate the solution though! The issue continues to occur and even does so when I'm on ethernet connection...it just did it so I had to connect via wireless and only was able to connect after doing the adapter reset AGAIN. 

The network is perfectly fine - I have several other devices connected to it and they have NO problems whatsoever. 

What problem could it be if it's happening while on ethernet?

I will let you know if it persists after implementing the second solution. 

HP Recommended

@ERICBR13

This could be an issue with the ethernet port, 

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.