Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cw1063wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I have a HP pavilion 15-cw1063wm with the AMD Ryzen 5 processor and it came with the Realtek RTL8822BE Wifi card installed in it. This card sucks and I have so many issues with it just randomly disconnecting/dropping my connection. It also has some weird issue where if I close the lid of my computer while its running and then re open it at a later time, the computer loses the wifi driver and I have no wifi. It shows up in device manager as an unknow device and the only way I can fix it is to manually add the drivers back. I tried everything to fix these issue and have just given up on this card. I bought an Intel WiFi 6 AX200 m.2 card on amazon to replace it, I installed the card and downloaded the drivers for it, but the computer does not recognized the card is installed at all. It does not show up anywhere in device manager. I figured the card was not compatible for some reason so I checked the service manual for this laptop here (http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06248787) and it says Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 Non Vpro version is supported. So I bought a Intel AC 7265 non Vpro card and installed it, but same thing. The computer does not recognize it even using the drivers from the HP website. Is there something I am missing? Is there something in the BIOS that would prevent me from using any other card but the Realtek?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only thing I can think of is your PC has a BIOS whitelist which means you are restricted to only installing one of the wifi cards listed in your notebook's service manual, and it must be one that has the HP part number on it, not just any Intel 7265.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 802.11ac 2 × 2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (non-vPro)   HP part # 901229-855

I checked the HP parts store and the card is on back order. It is also $39.25 when it is in stock.

See if you can find the card on eBay by searching by the HP part number, not the model of the card, and I would only buy one that has an actual picture of the card for sale with the part number clearly visible.

901229-855 | eBay

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.