Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
12-25-2020 01:54 PM
Product: HP laptop 15- dy0xx
I just took my comp. Out the box, ran the set up and it looks like the computer is not finding any networks to connect to? I rant the troubleshooter and it states "the Realtek rtl8821ce 802.11ac PCle adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware related problems" ?
1 REPLY 1
01-06-2021 08:24 AM
I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not connecting to your wireless network.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
Powercycle the network:
1. Shut down your notebook.
2. Unplug the power to your router.
3. Unplug the power to your modem.
4. Wait at least 45 seconds.
5. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come back online.
6. Plug in the router, and wait for it to come back online.
7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.
Reinstall the network adapter drivers:
1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.
2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.
3. Expand Network adapters.
4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.
5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.
6. Restart your PC and test.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊
Stay Home – Stay Safe
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community