Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Touchsmart 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have installed a new router but cannot maintain connect from Laptop to printer.  Message comes back printer in error mode.  When I run HP Print and Scan; it shows that there is a port issues but then says it is fixed but still seems to show up next time.  Our other devices are easily on the wifi and the laptop and printer both show they are connected but just cannot print.  I can copy and print and send an internal print.  Nothing 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Cathy361 

Hello,

What is the exact model of your printer (e.g. CB747A)?
To locate this Product Number P/N: this document.

In order to solve this problem, configure a new port as follows:

1. On the keyboard, press the Windows logo key and the R key simultaneously. The Run window opens.
  2. Type control printers, then press Enter. The Devices and Printers window opens.
  3. Right-click on your printer icon, then click on Printer properties, click on the Ports tab, and click on Add Port....
  4. Select Standard TCP/IP Port and click New Port....
  5. Click Next, then enter the printer's IP address (e.g. 192.168.1.97) in the Printer Name or IP Address field and click Next.
  6. Once the port is added, click Finish and close all windows.
  7. Try to print.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.