Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 14-cd0201ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

if I use my bluetooth mouse (HP Z5000), the wlan connection becomes very poor/no connection.

If I use the touch pad, USB cable mouse or USB wireless mouse with dongle  internet connection is fine (Z5000 off).

I have tested different wlan and bluetooth drivers (latest Realtek drivers from the HP notebook drivers page, windows driver update, ...)

WLAN & Bluetooth card: Realtek RTL8821CE

Do you know that issue or have any recommendations?

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @bebe23

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the connectivity issue. 

Let's try these steps - 

1) In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.
2) In Device Manager, select Network adapters > the network adapter name.
3) Right-click on the network adapter, and then select Uninstall device > Delete the driver software for this device check box > Uninstall.
4) Restart the computer. 

Also, install latest BIOS, Chipset and Wi-Fi drivers from this link and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, try using the mouse with a different computer.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @Asmita6658,

thanks for your help. That is basically what I did already.

I have uninstalled wlan and bluetooth driver, rebooted and tried with windows update serch, driver search, and manual driver installation from HP driver page (or I  get a message that the installed drivers are already newer). BIOS was updated in advance.

The mouse itself works fine. The issue is that I lose wlan if I use the mouse. Unfortunately I don`t have another PC with bluetooth for testing the mouse + wlan.

HP Recommended

@bebe23

Please try step#3 from here

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have done step 3. no improvement.

The result looks slightly different, see below. (3 commands were send before)

Don`t know if that is relevant or how I can change it - sorry it is german.cmd_network.PNG

HP Recommended

@bebe23,

The Bluetooth and wireless use the 2.4GHz frequency and it might be causing a conflict. If you have a dual-band router I recommend you connect the computer to the 5GHz frequency and check whether the issue is resolved. In case you don't have a dual-band router then change the wireless channel on your router settings and check if it helps.

If you continue facing the issue, then follow the below steps.

1. Right-click the User-added image button on the bottom-left corner of the screen.
  2. Select Power Options.
    User-added image

3. Select Additional power settings.
    User-added image

4. Select Change plan settings for the power plan you would like to change.
    User-added image

5. Select Change advanced power settings.
    User-added image

6. Select Wireless Adapter Settings then Power Saving Mode to expand the section.
    User-added image

7. Select the desired power option. Depending on your system type, you may see Setting for desktop system or On battery and Plugged in for mobile and laptop systems.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have only 2.4 GHz. I have tested different channels, but no resolution of the issue.

The wireless adapter settings were set on max. performance right from the beginning. (no resolution)

In the meantime I was able to test the BT mouse with a different notebook. Everything was working fine! No influence on the internet data rate.

So it is related to HP Pavilion X360 - 14-Cd0201ng

HP Recommended

@bebe23,

I recommend you perform a reset on the computer following the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04742289

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

well, I think it is ridiculous to do a full reset just because of a mouse  - I will use a different mouse!

Anyway, I appreciate your effort to support/help. Thank you!

HP Recommended

@bebe23

I agree, it is a little extreme, however, it was suggested as we seem to have done everything else that could have possible resolved the issue, it looks like we reached the end of the line.

That said, the alternate mouse works just as good,
Let us know if you need anything else!
Good luck.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.