Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-ba018wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good afternoon,

I'm having an issue with my  HP Notebook - 15-ba018wm laptop. Out of the blue, I cannot connect to any wireless networks so I checked my network adapters folder and device manager to find that there are no adapters installed.

Also, my ethernet port is solidly lighting up orange and white even before the operating system is booted up! I assume this is some kind of airplane or network lock but I need assistance ASAP!

I tried reinstalling windows 10 by the way and this did not work 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

>  I checked my network adapters folder and device manager to find that there are no adapters installed.

Also, open "Device Manager", and see if it lists the network adapter(s), or if it shows any "unknown device".

HP Recommended

Yes I see 2 "Unknown Devices" 

HP Recommended

I see 2 "Unknown Devices" 

If you double-click on one of them, and choose "update driver", does Windows do anything?

Of course, without an Internet connection, it cannot access Windows Update to download any new device-driver. Sigh.

HP Recommended

When I click update driver, It says that it cannot find a driver.. I could probably find a driver if I knew how to figure out the exact model of my network adapters(which I don't know how to do) can you help me please

HP Recommended

When I click update driver, It says that it cannot find a driver.

I could probably find a driver if I knew how to figure out the exact model of my network adapters

(which I don't know how to do)

From: Software and driver results for: HP Notebook - 15-ba018wm

there are NINE device-drivers for "Network" devices:

#1: Broadcom Bluetooth Driver
#2: Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver (Windows 10)
#3: Intel Bluetooth Driver (Windows 10)
#4: Intel Wireless LAN Drivers
#5: Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver
#6: Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver (Windows 10 v1607)
#7: Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver (Windows 10 v1703)
#8: Realtek RTL8723BE Bluetooth Driver
#9: Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Drivers

-----------

Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

HP Recommended

I downloaded all of those drivers to a flash drive and installed them on my HP laptop and it still didn't work.. I don't know if possible but maybe there is some kind of network lock / airplane mode that I don't know how to turn off because I highly doubt both the wireless adapter and ethernet port adapter would go bad at the exact same time...

Here is a picture of the ethernet port with the solid lights

unnamed.jpg

HP Recommended

Is anyone able to assist me please? My laptop is my only source of business management 

HP Recommended

> My laptop is my only source of business management.

The most expedient way of continuing your business is to purchase a brand-new laptop.

Then, buy an adapter: USB to SATA External Hard Drive Docking Station for 2.5in SATA HDD

Remove the disk-drive from your current computer.

Place the disk-drive into this adapter.

Connect the adapter to a USB port on the new computer.

Copy all your files from "old" to "new".

Resume your profit-making business.

If you measure the cost of you being distracted from your business for many hours, to the cost of a replacement computer, it makes sense to just replace it.

Besides, the purchase of a computer to assist with your business can be amortized as part of your cost of doing business.

Your computer:  HP 15-ba018wm 15.6" Laptop, Windows 10 Home, AMD Quad-Core E2-7110 APU Processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB Har...

was $283 US at Walmart, when it was available.

You said that re-installing Windows did not help.

I think that you have "invested" too much time in trying to fix it.

HP Recommended

I don't want to buy a new laptop, I want this one that I already bought fixed.

Thanks for trying, maybe I'll see if I can get this resolved elsewhere

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.