Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15s-fq1000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I'm trying to disable the (W)LAN and bluetooth ports in the BIOS of the HP 15s-fq1000 laptop. But I am not seeing the relevant options in the BIOS of this laptop. Any advice?  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@vandervalk Why would you want to disable them? Please elaborate, also, while you're at it, I must let you know that HP has locked a few settings on your computer which are being managed by the system configuration as the device is configured to its optimal performance.

There's no way of resetting or changing these locked settings via HP articles or assistance,

You could unlock and make changes at your own discretion using 3rd party tools, however, HP doesn't recommend the same nor has information about the tools used

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good afternoon,

Thank you for the response.

For reasons I won't go in to, all ports had to be disabled on this laptop. I looked in to the issue with HP Support and they eventually acknowledged that some laptop models don't have the option of disabling ports in the BIOS. There apparently is no (public) list of models that have this "issue".

Instead of using 3rd party tools, I returned this laptop and bought a slightly more expensive HP Probook which had all the port options I was looking for in the BIOS.

HP Recommended

@vandervalk Wise choice, I'm glad you've got that sorted,

And thank you for the update, I hope you have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.