Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here
Was working on VPN said I had limited wifi access and then no access and now only have broadband option
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Let's try a manual reinstall of the wireless adapter driver. Since the adapter is having an issue, this will determine whether or not it is a driver conflict, or something else:
1. Go into Device Manager, then Network adapters.
2. Right-click on the wireless driver, and select "Uninstall".
3. Restart the computer. This will force the driver to reinstall itself.
Also, let's try a restore:
1) Save any open files and close all open programs.
2) In Windows, search for restore, and then open Create a restore point from the results list.
3) On the System Protection tab, click System Restore.
4) Click Next.
5) Click the Restore Point that you want to use, then click Next.
6) Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.
7) Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. This can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. 😎 Click Yes in the warning that appears.
9) System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.
PS: Performing a system restore will not delete any files.
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community