Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here
Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here
I cannot access the wifi from my laptop. I appears my network adapter was removed/disabled. How do I restore the network w/o a network ?
I reviewed your post and I understand that the wireless connection is not working on your computer.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend follow the below steps and check if it helps.
Reinstall the network adapter drivers:
1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.
2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.
3. Expand Network adapters.
4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.
5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.
6. Restart your PC and test.
Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:
1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.
3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.
4. Restart your PC and test.
It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:
3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
Stay Home – Stay Safe
The_Fossette I am an HP Employee
How are you supposed to download drivers when you have no internet? Phone hotspots only do so much
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community