Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power - 15-cb079nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Under my "software and drivers result" for my Laptop there are 7 options listed under the "driver network" tab, I'm unable to tell what one is the most recent drive for my Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265, it lists Intel Wireless LAN drivers win10, 20.90.0.7 Rev.P; but also Intel Wireless LAN drivers win10, 20.50.1.1 Rev.P; and also lists a few Realtek Local Area Network LAN drivers win 10, 10.12.1007.2016 Rev.B; 10.16.323.2017 Rev.C; 2023.66.330.2018 Rev.A; then also has drivers for both Intel and Realtek bluetooth, I'm confused what ones I'm supposed to download.

I hope someone can make sense of all that I said and help me. Can I not delete my post?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I can only answer your first question.

According to the parts list for your notebook at the link below, it comes with an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter.

So, you would use the latest driver for that, which would be 20.90.0.7, Oct 11, 2018.

Since your notebook has the Intel wifi adapter, you would also install the Intel bluetooth software to update the Bluetooth, but pay attention to the instructions which state you must uninstall the current Intel bluetooth software before updating to the newer version.

You can do that by going to the windows control panel>programs>uninstall a program find the Intel bluetooth software listing and uninstall it.

I always restart the PC before installing the bluetooth software update.

The Realtek wifi/bluetooth drivers are for other model cb-### models that have the Realtek wifi cards.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

I can only answer your first question.

According to the parts list for your notebook at the link below, it comes with an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter.

So, you would use the latest driver for that, which would be 20.90.0.7, Oct 11, 2018.

Since your notebook has the Intel wifi adapter, you would also install the Intel bluetooth software to update the Bluetooth, but pay attention to the instructions which state you must uninstall the current Intel bluetooth software before updating to the newer version.

You can do that by going to the windows control panel>programs>uninstall a program find the Intel bluetooth software listing and uninstall it.

I always restart the PC before installing the bluetooth software update.

The Realtek wifi/bluetooth drivers are for other model cb-### models that have the Realtek wifi cards.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.