Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Decided to try using a 3rd party (StarTech) USB3 to RJ45 adapter to do the imaging and it was successful, so it looks like this is specific to the USB-c adapters.

HP Recommended

For anyone else who runs into this, I tried using an HP Thunderbolt 3 dock and it worked. I suspect it is because it uses a Broadcom chipset instead of the Realtek chipset used in the bundled USB-C adapter. I'll keep pursuing my case with HP support and update this if they find anything relevant.

HP Recommended

I have the same probleme with the same model , x360 1030 and USB-C to RJ45 with MDT.

The network led are ON during PE, windows installation, windows black screen apply device  ... %  and turn off just after reboot before join the domain in the TS.

no issue with installation from HP USB-c dock.

I tested yesterday the latest driver from from realtek release 2017-05-09. Same probleme.
May be the issues come from USB-c  HCI drivers.

I tested on windows 10 1607.  

if someone have solution post-it 🙂

HP Recommended

I had the same problem: the driver that I needed was (EliteBook x360 1030 G2) with DEV_15DB.

Download it directly from Intel (Link here).

The laptop finally recognized the USB-C to RJ-45 adapter.

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Same issues here, except we're using SCCM to image the EliteBook, and installing Windows 10 Enterprise (1703) x64.  Everything goes well during the task sequence until the reboot following the driver installation.  Once it reboots, it completely drops the ball on SCCM.  Device driver installation proceeds, and then eventually, it makes it to the login screen, where I end up having to use the local admin password to login, as it has not joined the domain.  Log in, and Windows 10 sees that there is a device plugged in, but doesn't recognize it as a network adapter until it is unplugged and plugged back in.  Also another poster noted that the lights on the NIC disappear.  We've had the same issue with ours.  Lights blink until the reboot, and then it never recovers from there.  Has anyone found a solution to this?  I looked at the link above for USB XHCI driver, but those are for Win 7 and 2008...

HP Recommended

Some problem too I have extract all driver from exe, I have the folders "DLCDCNCM,  DLIDUSB, DLUSBAUDIO, DPINST32, DPINST64, NIVO", I inject all drivers to SCCM, In Winpe it's OK (network) but after Windows Setup and ConfiMgr, I have no network and my  "HP USB Travel Dock" is not recognized ... 

Someone have a solution ? I try with the USB XHCI driver but it's not working on my computer "HP Pro x2 612", HP could reply ? 

HP Recommended

OK I find the solution, during the driver process you need to add only the network driver, DLCDCNCM folder's, and after the windows Setup and configMgr, install the package from : http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/windows with this command line : "DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows 8.3 M1.exe" -silent -noreboot -stageDrivers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.